Passive House (or Passivhaus) is a design and construction concept defined by energy efficiency, comfort, and affordability. Worldwide, it is arguably the strictest energy efficiency standard for buildings.
Because heating and cooling come from passive sources such as the sun or internal sources like people and appliances, and not entirely through mechanical means, the energy needed for active sources of heating and cooling (such as furnaces and air conditioners) can be cut dramatically. This means carbon emissions from Passive Houses are close to zero.
These houses are built to make a difference by addressing our most pressing environmental problem – climate change.
- Super energy-efficient and built to passive house standards;
- Emission-free and all-electric;
- Heated and cooled by air-source heat pumps, the most efficient method of heating;
- Built for healthy living with whole house air exchange systems;
- Powered by solar energy from the grid supplemented by rooftop solar and solar storage systems;
- Equipped with Electric Vehicle (EV) charging systems;
- Zero waste on-site
- Quick to build using new prefab construction technique
- Inexpensive to operate.